{Rainy Day in...July?}

We made a huge attempt to go to a carnival this morning and I was so excited to take my little sunshine! We went and had a family breakfast, loaded back up, talked it up on the way and finally arrived. It opened at 10am and we were trying to beat the heat and the crowds, so we arrive at the park at about 10:15. It's misting. Who cares about mist?! So, we get unloaded and they have these little vendor tents, which I can NEVER pass up, so I start checking them out and we were nearly to the opposite end of where we parked when it happend. RAIN DUMP. So, my brilliant hubby had found 2 very cheap mini umbrellas in the car and grabbed them- thank goodness. He pulls them out and London had to have her very own, so one of us was going to get soaked- we jumped into one of the vendor tents thinking it would only be a minute. We wait and wait.....and wait. About 15 minutes later, it hasn't let up so we just made a run for it. Bummer. No carnival. Maybe next time. So, we came home and played in the rain a bit...I think I totally took childhood for granted because I sure love watching her experience everything!



0 comments: